aka YA Literature

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Gossip Girls

Lots going on in the (YA-related) minds and lives of the A True Reality members today. It's just one of those days, whereas nothing was worth posting about yesterday.

"Gilmore Girls" is being cancelled and "Gossip Girls" is starting? Uggh, I sure hope the series is better than the books, but even if it is, do we really need another show like that? Although, I guess every generation usually has one (whether or not they need it . . . ); example: "Beverly Hills 90210." I have an idea for my women's studies thesis or maybe just a journal or MLA conference paper where I write about the messages in Gossip Girls. (I also have this idea for an academic LFA paper, but I haven't had any incentive to flesh it out at all.)

BTW, although I used to really like "Gilmore Girls," I never liked Alexis Bledel as Rory. Sorry. Oh, and Jared Padalecki used to do interp in high school in San Antonio.

1 comment:

Texasholly said...

I love GG!
Also? I finished watching 90210 season 1 and have just gotten season 2 off Netflix. Good times :)