aka YA Literature

Monday, June 11, 2007

Saint Iggy

Title: Saint Iggy
Author: K.L. Going
Rating: A

I just finished reading/listening to Saint Iggy by K.L. Going. I like to get audiobooks for my commute to and from work. I have found, though, that I am not willing to let the story stop when the car does so I usually end up checking out the book as well. Sometimes this mixture of reading and listening can be frustrating when the narrator on the audiobook is nothing like how you imagine the narrator in your head. The guy that narrates Saint Iggy does a great job, but I think I prefer adolescent narrators for adolescent characters. Or at least someone who sounds youngish. Either way, the story is great, even if it is a bit heartbreaking. This is one of those books that evokes a lot of emotion in the reader (or listener). I found myself really rooting for Iggy and ridiculously sad about the outcome of the novel.

No comments: