aka YA Literature

Monday, June 25, 2007

Pretties

I just finished the audio version of Pretties and wasn't going to bother blogging about it since I already reviewed the audio version of Uglies, but I decided I at least wanted to say a couple of things. I thought Corinne Montbertrand did another outstanding job with this book, although there were a few instances at the beginning where it sounded like she didn't slip into Tally's voice fully. However, this book was even cooler on audio that Uglies was. There were several times where someone spoke but Westerfeld didn't say who it was for a few lines, but since this was audio, Montbertrand used the correct voice. So for example, when Dr. Cable first spoke to Tally at the party, I got goosebumps. "Hello, Tally." It was so perfect. And Montbertrand did an amazing job at making Shay's voice "special." She made it both Shay's voice and a Special's voice. It was amazing. She has so many voices, it's just unbelievable.

No comments: