aka YA Literature

Friday, September 28, 2007

Ana's Story

A few months ago, I wrote about how I was interested in reading Jenna Bush's book, Ana's Story. There was something about the description of the book that seemed incongruous with my perception of Jenna Bush, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it, other than that she had always been portrayed in the media as a big party girl. I think this blog post by Elizabeth Devereaux of Publisher's Weekly does a very good job of pointing out the political incongruities and why it matters. I mean, if your daughter is going to write a book about why your policies are flawed, that should really show you (and everyone else, for that matter) something. Thanks for the great post, Elizabeth.

Like I said in my first post about this book, I would love to see her go on "The Daily Show" and have Jon Stewart ask her about some of these political ramifications.

No comments: