aka YA Literature

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Anatomy of a Boyfriend and the awesomeness of Ms. Snadowsky

We have mentioned Daria Snadowsky's book, Anatomy of a Boyfriend, several times on this blog. The first time I read the book, I had to request it via interlibrary loan because my library system did not own a copy. After reading it, I decided that I wanted to add it to the YA collection. I sent in the request to Materials Selection. Shortly thereafter, I was informed that my request was being moved to the Adult Gap List because of its mature content. The book ended up not getting ordered at all and I felt a little disgruntled because I knew that the book would have been a great addition to my YA collection.

When Sheryl met Daria in person, she told her the story of her book not getting purchased by our library system. Well, guess what I got in the mail this week? My library's very own copy of Anatomy of a Boyfriend donated by the author herself. How awesome is that?!

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

The answer to your question is "very awesome."