aka YA Literature

Monday, December 29, 2008

2008 Favorites

With the end of the year, it's time for all the "best of" lists.   I choose to do "favorites" instead since I didn't read nearly enough to choose "the best."  Plus, it's too subjective anyway.  So these are just my favorites of the year.  


I'm pretty happy with the NYT picks, even though I never read Sunrise Over Fallujah.  I can't get behind any list with TDHOFL-B, however.

My favorites:
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell

As an aside, even though I read The Disreputable History months ago and loved it and have given it prime display space at the circulation desk and recommended it to students, it hasn't been checked out once.  I'm sad about this, and I don't know what else to do.

1 comment:

MrsE said...

One way to get the kids to read a particular book is to find a really engaging excerpt and send a copy of it + a copy of the book cover to each English teacher who has theappropriate grade. Ask them to read the excerpt to their classes.