aka YA Literature

Friday, January 4, 2008

READ!

Cody and Holly know that I actually have a life and interests outside of YA lit and librarianship, and one of those interests is a devotion to Project Runway. My friend even bought me a bracelet from Chloe Dao's Lot 8 for Christmas this year. So, of course, I am super excited by the Tim Gunn READ poster. I would like to point out that he is actually holding Thomas Mann's The Magic Mountain in the ALA Graphics catalog, not Everyone Poops. If ALA's site weren't so unbelievably slow, I might have been able to get the actual poster.

Let me take this opportunity to say that I think good book posters are a great promotional item for books. I have already mentioned that I am a big fan of good book t-shirts, but posters are even easier to produce and deliver to readers and librarians. We make posters out of book covers, but I'd like to see some more creative posters that I could put up.


No comments: