aka YA Literature

Monday, July 30, 2007

Countdown to Eclipse


Can I just say how excited I am about the release of Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer? 7 days, 3 hours, 33 minutes (um, Stephenie Meyer has a countdown clock on her website). Sheryl tried to talk me into doing an Eclipse Prom or an Eclipse release party for the teens at the library, but, despite my great love for the Twilight series, I did not have it in me. I put in my notice at the library last week and now I am just trying to make it through the rest of Summer Reading. I am really going to miss being a Young Adult Librarian. Seriously. The job rocks. I get to do fun things like Food Fear Factor and Traveling Pants and Harry Potter Movie Marathon. But, alas, it is time for me to move on. I have secured a position as a high school Reading teacher. I am excited about the new position because I will still be promoting literacy. In fact, I will probably interact with more teens my first day at school than I have during my two year tenure at the library. Plus, how rewarding is it going to be to help kids who can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good, too (Zoolander)?! But back to Eclipse...I finally got around to reading the first chapter posted on Stephenie Meyer's website and if the rest of the book is as juicy and tantalizing as the first chapter then we are in for some good reading.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

I ordered mine from Amazon, so you can have my library copy when it comes in if you want. I cannot wait!