aka YA Literature

Monday, June 8, 2009

Back to Poland

I taught English in Poland last summer, and I'm going back again. Last year, I was worried about whether or not taking books would be a good gift for the students, but it turns out that it was a hit. And it was a good way for them to practice their English even afterwards. So I'm going to try to get some ARCs and paperbacks together again. I'm definitely going to buy a copy of Twilight. Last year, I kept asking the students if they'd read it, and no one had even heard of it. I saw end range displays at the bookstores that I pointed out to them. But I'm thinking with the movie out, many or all of them will have heard of it by now. And they should read it in English!

I'll report back on any other YA books I see while I'm there. I know Melissa Marr's books are set to be published in Polish, but I don't think they'll be out for a while.

No comments: