aka YA Literature

Monday, May 11, 2009

The Reformed Vampire Support Group by Catherine Jinks


I feel like I have read one too many vampire books lately. After Stephenie Meyer's success with the Twilight series, it seemed like everyone was trying to cash in with a young adult vampire series of their own (I mean, I know there were YA vampire series before Meyer's, but they really seemed to flourish afterwards). Anyway, I had pretty much sworn off vampire fiction, but then my school librarian handed me a copy of The Reformed Vampire Support Group that she picked up a TLA. I loved it! It was such a refreshing change from the vampire lit where everyone is beautiful and strong and amazing. Catherine Jinks' vampires aren't even all that likable and they sure whine a lot. It was hilarious. Plus, there is even a little murder mystery and romance action going on to give the story a bit more kick. I am not sure if the cover art will be appealing to the average teen, but the story itself will.

No comments: