aka YA Literature

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hunger Games


I am not really a science fiction gal, but I loved The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. The story is set in the future where North America is divided into 12 districts. The districts are controlled by the Capitol. Once a year, two people from each district are randomly selected to participate in the Hunger Games where everyone fights to the death and the last one standing is declared the winner.

I loved the attention to detail, the suspense of the hunger games, and the love triangle action. I literally could not put this book down. The only problem is that now I have to wait until September 2009 to read the sequel.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooooooooh my goodness. Thank you so much for this recommendation, it was fabulous!! I linked you on my blog, hope that's OK.