aka YA Literature

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

I wanted to share a really successful program I did in conjunction with the premiere of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. We had a "Mad Hatter Tea Party" after school. I provided the tea, refreshments, and a Power Point presentation on the history of Lewis Carroll and AIW. I had over 30 students, some brought tea cups, and at least half brought hats. I'd post pictures, but I'm not allowed to post pictures of students. Not only did they show up, but they had a great time and were really interested in the presentation part. I gave out AIW pins to everyone who wore a hat, and I did some trivia at the end and gave out my remaining pins. I also did a little trivia contest based on the presentation and gave away the Johnny Depp movie poster (from Amazon) that I had bought as part of my advertisement.

No comments: