aka YA Literature

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

ALAN

I've always wanted to go to the NCTE/ALAN annual conference, but I never have because it's just way too expensive to travel there. But this year, it's in San Antonio! I am utterly ecstatic. Have you see the list of authors who will be there? Let me just put this out there that if any authors are going to be in San Antonio on the 20th or 21st and want to come do a school visit, please let me know. Melissa Marr came to my (old) school last year and had a great time!

Here are just a few of the awesome authors I can't wait to see:
John Green
Scott Westerfeld
Laurie Halse Anderson
Melissa Marr
M.T. Anderson
Cory Doctorow
Gail Giles
Ellen Hopkins
Justine Larbalestier
David Levithan
E. Lockhart
Susan Beth Pfeffer


Oh, and if any authors want some advice on good local San Antonio things to do or eat or if you want someone to drive you around, I'm also good for that too.

It makes me kind of sad to think that all these fantastic authors are going to be here together in my city and my students won't get a chance to see many of them (I think a few might be doing public appearances).

No comments: