aka YA Literature

Saturday, August 2, 2008

breaking dawn

I went to the midnight release of breaking dawn last night. I didn't even do that for Harry Potter. I just don't do crowds. But the lure of Bella and Edward was just too great. I know Cody attended a release in Phoenix and I hope he blogs about it so we can compare notes! My sister in law went with me even though she had already pre-ordered the book online. We arrived at 10:30 and there was quite the line just to get into the store.
Once inside, it was so crowded that it was difficult to find the different activities planned. Rosie and I participated in the trivia and then she made me a "Team Edward" banner. I plan on sporting it to a Twilight party I am attending next weekend.
You could even get a Polaroid taken with models posing as Edward and Jacob. They were really these young high school boys that looked NOTHING like I imagined Jacob and Edward looking. No way was I going to wait in line to get a pic with those young punks. The real craziness began at 11:30 when we were told to line up to get our copy of Breaking Dawn. Yikes. As happy as I was to get a copy of the book, I think I will not be attending any release parties in the future. Whew.

I spent my day reading breaking dawn amidst interruptions from my two year old. It does not disappoint (well, it disappoints a little). Early on, the book took a turn that I did not expect. Also, the whole thing is not written from Bella's point of view. I won't say any more because I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I will say that I am sad to say goodbye to Bella and Edward. Also, now that the Twilight saga is over, we are going to need to find something/someone else to fixate on. Perhaps we should return our attention to my boyfriend, John Green?

No comments: